As I said in my last post, I felt that I needed to change my workout routine. It's good to switch it up every so often so your body doesn't get used to the same routine and start to plateau. I did the beginners body building workout for 4 weeks and saw awesome results but I felt that it was necessary to kick it up a notch and rearrange my days. So here is a little breakdown of my days. Monday-Back and shoulders and cardio. Tuesday- Abs. Wednesday- glutes and hamstrings and cardio. Thursday- chest, biceps, and triceps. Friday- legs. Saturday/Sunday- I do cardio one of these days and the other is a rest day. If you want to see a more detailed list of specific exercises you can look at my weighttraining.com page. I havent "logged" a workout for a while but I made sure to log them for the first week of this new program so you could see it if you wanted to.
http://www.weighttraining.com/users/chelseakylene
This is not a premade workout like the beginner's bodybuilding plan I did, I just decided what days would be what and then looked up exercises on bodybuilding.com and made a list. I can already tell you that after the first week, I can totally tell this is going to be some good stuff!!! Especially my glute and hamstring day! And I'm trying to kick up my cardio too. There are a few exercises that I may not have logged just because I couldn't find them, or there may be some that I did differently than what is described but that was the closest thing to it. If you see resistance band...I don't use those, chances are I used a dumbbell. I also am not a fan that the website doesn't have a "crossramp" machine on it's exercise list and that there is no resistance option when you log cardio. My cardio looks a little sad just looking at the time and distance. so here's a better breakdown. Monday I did 30 minutes on a stationary bike, did 6.5 miles at a resistance of 8. Wednesday I did the crossramp(not the stair stepper) for 20 minutes, 10 incline, and a resistance of 10. I also did a 6 incline on a treadmill going 15 minute mile pace for 20 minutes. I chose to do a little harder intensity and less time on wednesday. I am going to try to keep some form of this in my cardio at least once a week. So that is basically it for the new routine.
I will be taking some pictures here soon so we can compare them to my pictures from a year ago. One year ago today I finished the 8 week rushfit program. It helped me get started in my journey to a fit and healthy lifestyle. So we will look at some pictures from before the program, after I finished, and me now! I'm kind of excited to see the changes! I'll try to post that in the next few days
No comments:
Post a Comment