Thursday, October 18, 2012

Paleo venture, thus far

So I have not completely gone paleo, I've been having trouble giving up my morning oatmeal/ bagel....not at the same time, but those are my two go to breakfasts!  I am NOT a morning person, so being able to have something ready in 1 minute or less is great for me, plus the added bonus of some carbs for energy.  Other than that, the past week has been paleo.  I have to say, I can tell a difference in my body starting to show some more muscle, especially in my abs and backside.  The biggest problem I'm having is the slump of being tired throughout the day without my usual midday carb like brown rice.  Hopefully my body will adjust.  It's been SUPER hard for me to give up my sugar, especially my end of the day dessert, but so far I've done ok.  A couple nights ago I cooked some apples with cinnamon, a dash of sugar*yea yea I know but it needed something to counteract the cinnamon* and some pecans.  Turned out great!  And last night I had an orange and some walnuts.  Not as good as the apples but it worked.  I'm just going to have to continue to push on and try to develop a routine and hope that sooner or later(preferably sooner) I will get used to it and not crave sugar so much.  It's like my cryptonite!!!  It hasn't been to terrible awful cutting out other things.  I think I'm doing ok.  Still rough but hopefully I'll get it all together and get out of the beginner's slump!!  Well that's really all for now : )

No comments:

Post a Comment