Paleo Chocolate Cake
Ingredients:
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used vegan carob chips...which don't melt well, they clump and crust up, but I just removed all the clump and used whatever melted into the oil which was great because it lowered the chocolate content and still turned out great! Dark chocolate chips are also a great healthy alternative!)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over low heat, melt the chocolate chips in coconut oil.
- Allow this chocolate mixture to come to room temperature. (i cheated and stuck it in the freezer for a few minutes)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and coconut milk.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture to the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the coconut flour mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk together until the lumps are pretty well worked out.
- Add to a well-greased 9×13 pan
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
The original recipe says to use a 9x9 pan and cook for 30 minutes but I just set a timer for 15 minutes because I figured, bigger pan, and 30 minutes is forever and I didn't want to burn it. When it doubt, set a lower time limit. I'd rather have to check it more often and get it perfect than ruin it! It's so great, ENJOY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment